This is a link between the Faculty of Health & Social Care at the University of Hull and the Department of Nursing at Mbarara University of Science and Technology. The link has been running in various guises since 1997.
Mbarara University of Science & Technology (MUST) now has an established and active Department of Nursing. All the Nurse Lecturers from MUST have obtained a MNSc. The final graduation was in January 2011. Consequently the link has now fulfilled it’s original role of helping to create and support a fledgling Department of Nursing.
The link is now focused on the following aims:
- Provide collaborative support to help further develop the Department of Nursing to full faculty status within MUST.
- Supporting the Head of Dept. from MUST to obtain a PhD from the University of Hull.
- Providing an External Examiner service for undergraduates and postgraduates from MUST.
- Enabling student nurses from the University of Hull to undertake an International placement in Mbarara.
- Providing a professional network between Mbarara & Hull and provision of academic resources.
- Provision of various MNSc modules to MUST by blended learning, as needed.
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital (MRRH) is intertwinned with MUST. MRRH is currently establishing a 10-bed critical care facility.
David Muir is undertaking a review of 'critical care nursing in resource-limited environments'. This information will be published using WordPress.com. If you have experience of critical care nursing in a developing country, you can contribute to the development of this resource.
Dr Jeremy Jolley
Faculty of Health and Social Care
University of Hull
Tel: +44 1482 464636
Ms Grace Nambozi
Head of Department
Department of Nursing
Mbarara University of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 40