Hours: 4 days per week (30 hours a week)
Location: Currently all staff are working remotely.
THET have a Central London office for those able to commute
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Salary: £36,300 – £39,500 gross (pro rata)
Responsible for: HR and Operations Officer
Key contacts: The HR Manager will have regular contact with all THET staff (London and overseas offices), including a diverse range of external stakeholders. The post holder will be part of the Finance, HR and Operations team.
About the role
THET is a dynamic and well-established charity that has been operating for over 30 years. The last three-years have seen a period of considerable success as THET has worked to diversify its income sources resulting in growth.
If you enjoy being a part of something challenging and relish the opportunity to work alongside the senior leadership team of an INGO, to develop a high-performing HR and Operations function providing a professional support to all staff, this role is for you.
Overseeing all aspects of HR for the charity including payroll and insurance, you will need to be a confident, diplomatic verbal communicator capable of providing support and solutions to staff at all levels across the organisation. The last staff survey showed 96% of colleagues have a good relationship with their managers and colleagues, and 89% approval rating for how the charity is responding to COVID-19 but are committed to doing even better.
A highly professional self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative and stay calm in busy environments, you will be joining a six-person Finance and Operations team who are dedicated to THET’s mission of ensuring everyone everywhere can access quality healthcare.
- To establish and develop a dialogue and relationship with the Country Directors and team Managers in the UK, to understand key resource issues and associated requirements to meet both current and future organisational challenges.
- To act as the lead advisor on all employee related matters including contracts.
- To identify and support the charity to successfully deliver credible, customer focused, cost-effective and innovative recruitment solutions using a range of techniques.
- To line-manage the full-time HR and Operations Officer.
- In collaboration with the HR & Operations Officer develop a resourcing strategy and innovative, timely and cost-effective best practice solutions to enable THET to meet its objectives.
- To support the implementation and further improvement of Training and Development plans to support the achievement of organisational objectives and managing change.
- To act as the lead HR Adviser for all Grievance, Disciplinary and Capability processes.
- To provide operational advice, coaching and guidance to line managers and staff to embed performance management against organisational objectives.
- To provide operational delivery of a customer focussed and cost-effective HR transactional services and associated administration.
- To undertake project work that supports HR policy and processes development and implementation to ensure legal compliance and best practice.
How to apply:
To view the full job description please click here.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 2nd May 2021.
THET is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.